Date: 5/27/19 6:11 pm
From: Will Britton <000001a332fa81de-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Anchorage, AK bound Lesser Yellowlegs with stopover at Kibler Bottoms
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a Lesser Yellowlegs project in Anchorage, Alaska
and thought I might pass along some cool migration data that is of note to
Arkansas birders. A GPS outfitted Lesser Yellowlegs (banded summer '18)
spent about 8 days at Kibler Bottoms in Crawford Co. between 4/7/19 and
4/15/19 after a ~4 day journey from northern Colombia.

Three other GPS lessers passed southbound through Arkansas in 2018. One at
Norfork Lake (wintered in Haiti), one near West Helena (wintered in
Argentina!), and another just south of Stuttgart (wintered in Nicaragua).

Your odds are incredibly low of spotting one of these banded birds but just
in case you should keep a look out for a small green or white engraved flag
with a two letter code on the left leg above the "ankle" joint, and the
antenna for the transmitter will stick out behind the tail, although not
all of the banded birds have a transmitter.

Happy Birding!

Will Britton from Searcy

Join us on Facebook!