Date: 5/27/19 7:07 am
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Mt. Wantastiquet Ceruleans- NO
Greetings,

This morning, my partner Kat and I went looking for the previously reported
Cerulean Warbler reported by Pam Hunt. Unfortunately, we were not able to
locate any, singing males or otherwise.

Living in Brattleboro since the fall, this was my first foray to this site
so I am a bit unfamiliar with where they have historically been found.
Nevertheless, we tried our best to follow Pam's directions in her report.
We did encounter several Black-throated Blue Warblers this morning, one of
which was singing a Cerulean-type alternate song. However, it was not as
convincing as some that I've heard elsewhere in the past, so it was rather
easy to dismiss.

While June is looking to be extremely busy for us, we hope to head back in
the coming weeks to hike to the summit spending a little more time again.

Cheers,
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson