Date: 5/27/19 6:21 am
From: Jane Hills <jhbird...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Head's Pond today: Olive-sided Flycatcher and BB Cuckoo(
As I was getting out of my car at the parking lot for the Head's Pond trail
in Hooksett this morning, I heard 2-3 repetitions of "quick, three beers"
nearby. On the trail, I was able to locate the sweet spot that let me see
through the trees to an Olive-sided Flycatcher perched in the sun atop an
evergreen. The "vest" was clearly visible.

Also, I heard and saw a Black-billed Cuckoo near the pond at the end of the
trail and also heard a song as I was walking back to the parking lot.

Here's my species list (most are by ear only):

Canada Goose (12 flying overhead in formation)

Killdeer

Pileated Woodpecker

Eastern Kingbird

Great Crested Flycatcher

Eastern Phoebe

Eastern Wood-pewee

Least Flycatcher

ALDER FLYCATCHER (singing)

Blue Jay

Black-capped Chickadee

Blue-gray Gnatcher (on nest)

Gray Catbird

American Robin

Veery

Red-eyed Vireo

Warbling Vireo

Black-and-White Warbler

Blackpoll Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler

American Redstart

Pine Warbler

Prairie Warbler

Yellow Warbler

Mourning warbler?? (heard a song that may have been this species, but I
couldn't locate the bird)

Common Yellowthroat

Ovenbird

Red-winged Blackbird

Common Grackle

Baltimore Oriole

American Goldfinch

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Eastern Towhee

Swamp Sparrow

Field Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Jane

Jane Hills

Manchester, NH

jhbird(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

"We are all environmentalists now, but we are not all planetists. An
environmentalist realizes that nature has its pleasures and deserves
respect. A planetist puts the earth ahead of the earthlings." --William
Safire