Date: 5/26/19 9:34 pm
From: Pamela Johnston <shovzan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: Bird ID please
Not a Cowbird, as you said, and so far I am not seeing young of the
year except for Starlings, which of course it isn't, either. It is a
little odd compared to what we expect to see around here!

The bill seems slightly decurved. It could just be an off-viewpoint on
a female Brewer's Blackbird, but I don't quite buy that because it has
a slight iridescence, while they look rather matte. As much as I like
Icterids in general, I am not wise in the ways of Grackles, so really
all I can do is say that Common Grackle seems possible. The tail
doesn't look massive, and there is no clue to the scale of the
vegetation around it.

Lots of help!

Pam Johnston
POST: Send your post to <obol...>