Date: 5/26/19 2:49 pm
From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Coos HOODED WARBLER
Kathy and I briefly stopped at Millicoma Marsh in Coos Bay to try for
the HOODED WARBLER.  It was quiet when we got there, but after about 20
minutes it broke into song just our of site in thick vegetation.   It
sang for a few minutes, Barb Taylor walked up right as it sang one more
time before moving further back into the woods, where it sang two more
times before falling silent.    Barb reports that two more hours of
searching were quiet and unsuccessful.  We never got a visual on the
bird, but it clearly was singing a perfect Hooded Warbler song.  Tim has
a decent recording.

Cheers

Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

POST: Send your post to <obol...>