Date: 5/26/19 1:43 pm
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Where to bird
Anyone have any idea where to go birdwatching in the Arkansas river valley
near Fort Smith? Cause everywhere I knew of is now under water. I was at
one of our parks on Friday. As I took some photos, Baltimore Orioles and a
Yellow-throated Warbler were singing from above the floodwaters.
The water continues to rise. It’s pretty scary. In Oklahoma, Sequoyah NWR
and the Moffet bottoms are totally under water. Some of you saw Bill
Beall’s email about the loss of an incredible birding area that was claimed
by big farming. Well, Mother Nature has shown you can’t control her, and
for now, she’s taken the bottoms back.

Sandy B
Fort Smith

Join us on Facebook!