Date: 5/26/19 11:35 am
From: Phil Pickering <philliplc...>
Subject: [obol] more Black Swifts Salishan
Total of at least 36 northbound between 7:45-9 AM today, mostly as
intermittent 1-3s with one group of 7. All were seen between 200-400
ft up following the small ridge south of the first leg of the
Salishan Nature Trail and continuing out over the south bay. There
were a couple additional times I thought I was hearing calls but
couldn't spot the birds, so I may have been missing some. None
detected 9:00 to 9:50 when I left.
Weather was partly sunny and fairly calm at ground level but with
strong NNE winds at altitude which may have been pushing them down.
I had been scanning in the nearby Immonen clear cut earlier in the
morning and didn't detect any there.
I also had a northbound female Mountain Bluebird go over while I was
scanning, and a male Blue-winged Teal hanging with Mallards in the
bay.
Phil

Join us on Facebook!