Date: 5/26/19 10:43 am
From: Jay Jones <jonesjay62...>
Subject: Re: Baby barn swallow
My advice: If the area is predator scarce leave it alone. Adult birds will feed it and it will eventually fly and thrive.

If not, carefully return it to the nest, ensuring you don’t alarm its sibs — trying to return a half dozen is a whole new level of challenge.

Rick Jones

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 26, 2019, at 11:49 AM, Janine Perlman <jpandjf...> wrote:
>
> If it can't yet fly, it should be put back in the nest, if at all possible. Thanks!
>
> Janine Perlman
> USFWS avian rehabilitation permittee
>
>> On 5/26/2019 10:27 AM, Kay Hodnett wrote:
>> Neighbors have little barn swallow that fell out of nest near their front door. It is trying to fly, almost ready(maybe why it fell). Should they get on ladder and try to put back in nest, leave it below, or what? Kay Hodnett
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!