Date: 5/26/19 8:48 am
From: Greg Gillson <greggillson...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Purple Martins, Empids, Borrego Springs WTP
Strong winds arrived at dawn. Blowing 25-35 mph. Two Purple Martins flying
over the desert calling with buzzy chirps. Female types, with pale collars.

Flycatchers dropped in over night. About 9 Pac-slope, 7 Willow, 2 Pewees
hiding near the ground on the lee side of mesquite trees. All singing and
calling. I should have many good photos to work with when I get home after
the long weekend.

8:30 am, and seems birding is done for the day in the desert. At least I
found some warm and not rainy weather.

Greg Gillson

View/Reply Online (#9627): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9627
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!