Date: 5/26/19 3:14 am
From: mresch8702 via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Nice Birding Day in Southeast NH, 5/25
Spent much of the day Saturday (5/25) birding in southeast NH with Blair Bernson of WA.  Blair is on a quest to see at least 50 species in each of the 50 states, each in a single day (he calls it 50/50/50).  The modest goal of 50 species allowed us to take our time and enjoy our day, leisurely taking in the sounds and sights along the way.  We started at Pawtuckaway SP, then on to a search for the Trumpeter Swan, then a stop in Durham for MS Kites, and then finishing along the coast.  I tallied 107 species with no real rarities, but as always some nice finds.  Highlights -
Pawtuckaway
19 species of warblers including most all the regular nesters, plus 4 Tennesees, 3 Bay-breasteds, and a bunch of Blackpolls.  65 species total
Abe Emerson Marsh
No luck with the Swan, despite a fair amount of searching from along the northern edge of the wetlands.  Though we only searched about the eastern 1/2 of the wetlands, with the rest pretty well obscured by vegetation
Durham
Had at least 1 MS Kite soaring overhead at the Madbury Rd location.  Plus a couple Fish Crows and yet another Tennessee Warbler singing nearby.
Coast
Multiple stops N to S, with traffic and crowds that weren't too bad.  2 Red-throated Loons were considered to be rarities in eBird.  Three flyby Roseate Terns were a nice addition as many Commons were feeding along the coast.  Along with 2 Least Terns in Hampton Harbor.

Mike Reschwww.statebirding.blogspot.comPepperell. MA