Date: 5/25/19 4:31 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Yamhill County arrivals - another new Wrentit location
Roshana Shockley and I did a circuit of some Yamhill County spots this
morning before the rain began. We went out Masonville Rd to Muddy Valley,
down past Bellevue to Amity-Bellevue Hwy, then over to Grand Island.

On Masonville Rd at the former Gahr property now a Nature Conservancy
property we found a sapling in the open with two nest boxes, one owned by a
pair of Tree Swallows and the other by a pair of Western Bluebirds. The
bluebirds appeared to be feeding young.

On the north end of Muddy Valley Rd, 0.8 mi from Masonville Rd. We were
lucky to see a YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT displaying on a utility wire; a couple
more were singing nearby. Further along we saw 2 displaying male LAZULI
BUNTINGS. At Maysara winery we saw the Wild Turkeys.

About 0.25 mi further south we hit pay dirt.

-- a calling Willow Flycatcher

-- Western Bluebirds, male and young

-- another Yellow-breasted Chat

-- two WRENTITS at a new location, 16435 Muddy Valley Rd.

This is 1.3 miles south of the location on Muddy Valley Rd where I
found Wrentits April 25 (and May 17).

That was 1.5 mi closer to McMinnville than the previous known
location.

They are on the move! (The Wrentits are coming! The Wrentits are
coming!)

On Amity-Bellevue Hwy, 0.25 mi east of Bellevue we heard Acorn Woodpecker
and Bullock's Oriole.

At the bridge onto Grand Island we found the colony of Cliff Swallows, a W.
Wood-pewee, and heard another elusive Bullock's Oriole. We saw two occupied
Osprey nests on the island.

Then the rain began.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan