Date: 5/25/19 1:42 pm
From: Nancy Young <0000018632ccc347-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Found Racing Pigeon
My pigeon racing brother says feeding and watering it is the right thing to do as this will help to get it home.  It is not lost, and there is no need to try to find its home.  It might hang around while it rests up, but the homing instinct will cause it to move on.
P.S.  My brother's wife says he treats the birds better than he treats his family .........  Racing pigeons is a VERY expensive endeavor.
Nancy Young
On Saturday, May 25, 2019, 02:36:49 PM CDT, Judy Griffith <9waterfall9...> wrote:

A friend just called to report a large white banded pigeon hanging out at her house on a hilltop overlooking the Kings River in Carroll County. The bird is mostly white with iridescent purple and green down back of neck, dark primary wingtips with white wing bars, a white rump, and tail is dark grey with black terminal band. Legs are bright pink.There is a 1/2" tall yellow band on the bird's right leg but bird will not let her close enough to read it and report the code.

Today is the first time she has seen this bird. She is feeding it hen scratch and providing water.
Some reports on pigeon racing consider it brutal for the birds for various reasons. Others say to feed and water the bird and it will return home after recovering for 24 - 48 hours.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks, Judith

Join us on Facebook!