Date: 5/25/19 1:27 pm
From: Steve <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Sheboygan

Mark Hodgson and I got to the Sheboygan lakefront at 6am. We scanned the beach first, no terns, but lots of gulls. There 2 mature Iceland Gulls (Thayer’s). Probably the only 2 mature gulls out there. I didn’t notice any Lesser Black-backed Gulls.
We then went down to the north end. The water covered almost all the rocks. Across the road, there was some activity.1 Yellow-bellied, 1 Least, 2 Trail’s, 1 Great-crested Flycatchers, 1 peewee and a flyover E. Kingbird. Only 4 warblers.
We scanned and scanned the terns, behind the Youth Sailing Center, and didn’t find any Arctic.
From the end of the road, by the Coast Guard Station, we spotted 1 Little Gull. It had a black head (with a small white forehead spot), a very bold black carpal bar, and short primary extension, while at rest. There were some Sanderlings and 1 turnstone on the breakwaters.
Nothing interesting at the end of Cty D or at Port.
Then on to Horicon. We had a Pileated Woodpecker flying east ,as we came down Ledge Road. Had a couple Clay-colored Sparrows (no Bobolinks), along Point Road. As we crept down 49, we had a close Least Bittern flyby. Down a bit 3 B-n Stilts flying around and a couple Yellow-headed Blackbirds. We checked the ibis area and only had 2 B-n Stilts and the usual.
There was much shorebird habitat, on the northside of 49. Along the edge there were around 70 Dunlin and a few S-p Sandpipers.
We did the auto tour. Way out from the red rock opening, there was a pair of Whooping Cranes. On the way out a nice pair of Orchard Orioles flying about.
An okay day, but wish we would have skipped Port. Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10