Date: 5/23/19 2:41 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Reeve's Pheasant
Dear PABirders,

Nancy and I just saw a male Reeve's Pheasant feeding on the ground
beneath our bird feeders. It is a very extraordinary looking bird, with
a white crown and an extremely long tail. It has the longest natural
tail feather of any bird species! Our neighbor may have taken some
photos of it. I will check with him later.

Here are some photos and information from Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeves%27s_pheasant

As it is native to China, it is definitely an escape or released bird.
Neither of us have ever seen is before. Pretty exciting!

Take care,
Bob

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality North American Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!