Date: 5/22/19 8:14 pm
From: Jack Bushong <jcbushong01...>
Subject: [cobirds] Mexican Duck and others - Louisville
Hi all,
My brother and I have birded extensively around Louisville in the recent
inclement weather and have found several interesting birds. On May 20th, I
observed a seemingly pure female Mexican Duck with a brood of eight. It was
in a section of Coal Creek adjacent to the cattle pond/marsh that is SW of
the first bridge near W Cherry Street. Photos have been posted to my Ebird
list. Also that day, my brother found two Cassin's Kingbirds in the
agricultural fields behind the sports complex. This afternoon, there was a
Northern Waterthrush and Black-headed Grosbeak along Coal Creek. Numbers of
more common migrants such as Dusky Flycatchers, Western Tanagers, and
certain warbler and sparrow species have been notably high as well.
Good Birding,
Jack Bushong,
Louisville, CO