Date: 5/22/19 6:11 pm
From: Iain Macleod <pandiain.im...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Large group of Cormorants in Gilford
I watched a large group of D.C. Cormorants at Lily Pond in Gilford this
evening. There were at least 49 perched in trees on the south shore. Some
were nice breeding plumage adults. It reminded me of the group two years
ago in Meredith Bay that ended up with at least one nest (a first for
inland NH). Perhaps some of these birds might get the urge. This would be a
good spot where they might be successful....or at least not have their
trees cut down (which happened in 2016)
Also present:
Osprey -- 3
Least Sandpiper -- 2