Date: 5/22/19 12:19 pm
From: Joe Kipper <joe.kipper28...>
Subject: [cobirds] Today's rarities (Larimer)
Friends,
This morning Nick K. and I spent some time around the town of Wellington
chasing rarities. At Cobb Lake State Wildlife Area, we saw several *Black
Terns *and a continuing male *Chestnut-sided Warbler*. At Cobb lake there
were four or five *Semipalmated Plovers *as well as some other shorebirds.
At the Schware unit of Wellington SWA we saw *Stilt Sandpipers*, 40-50 *Red-necked
Phalaropes*, and the continuing *Common Gallinule*. Although we did have
some car troubles at the beginning of our morning, we didn't let that stop
us, and all in all we got 70 some species including our beloved state bird!!
One of our ebird checklists with photos can be viewed here
<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56621845>.
Enjoy the rest of migration,
Joe Kipper - Fort Collins