Date: 5/22/19 10:40 am
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] NHA Spring Pelagic Trip - Last Call
Listfolk,

There's still time to sign up for NH Audubon's spring Pelagic Birding
Trip. We have plenty of room left, and the long-range weather
forecast looks good, so if you were thinking about signing up, now's
the time!

To recap:

WHAT: An all-day trip into the Gulf of Maine, looking for pelagic
birds (although we'll also check out any whales and other marine life
that we encounter). As always, we've chartered the whale-watching
boat Granite State for this day of birding along Jeffreys Ledge and
wherever else the birds may lead us.

WHEN: Monday, May 27th (Memorial Day).

WHERE: Meet dockside at Rye Harbor at 7:30AM for an 8:00AM departure.
We should return to Rye Harbor around 5pm.

WHAT TO BRING: Binoculars, of course. A lunch if you want to. A
digital camera if you have one -- these trips often produce excellent
photo opportunities for both whales and birds. Weather on the open
water is unpredictable, so dress warm, in multiple layers. Certainly
bring sunscreen, and either sunglasses or a hat. Bring
motion-sickness pills if you're vulnerable to seasickness. Granite
State's seating is mostly wooden benches, so a seat cushion is a good
idea if you have trouble with sitting on hard surfaces.

WHAT TO EXPECT: Hopefully, good weather and lots of interesting
birds!

REGISTRATION: You must register in advance for this trip. We need a
minimum of 30 people to pay for the trip. We've set a maximum of 50
so that the boat doesn't get too crowded. Cost is $70 for NH Audubon
members, $90 for non-members.

To sign up, please either call or email Massabesic Audubon Center
(phone 603-668-2045, email <mac...>), or use the NH Audubon
website:
https://nh-audubon-nature-store.myshopify.com/products/mac-pelagic-trip-1
To go with the trip, I will be holding a 1-hour workshop at
Massabesic Center on Saturday May 25th, as a basic introduction to the
most common pelagic birds and how to identify them. Since we
generally see both whales and birds on these trips, the workshop also
includes information on the common whales of the Gulf of Maine.

Contact either MAC or me with any questions you might have. Please be
certain that you leave a phone number or email address where you can
be contacted on Sunday May 26th, in case we have to cancel due to
weather. There is no rain date; we go on the 27th, or not at all.

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH
(Massabesic Audubon Center Volunteer)

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: