Date: 5/21/19 4:45 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Harney county Glaucous-winged Gull
My personal list of sightings of Glaucous-winged Gull in eastern Oregon includes the Columbia River counties from Hood River to Umatilla county.

I also have the species marked for Crook county in 2011. It’s in my notes for an Audubon Birding Weekend Oct 9, 2011 at Prineville Reservoir. “One other sighting from Prineville Reservoir: a flyby gull with no black wingtips, just all-pale wings. I decided it was a glaucous-winged”

It’s not on the Crook county checklist kept by Chuck Gates at ECAS.

Chuck does have the species listed for Harney County as a county rarity. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2c5973_fc1ec20c1399460d98f010f4b4480843.pdf

C.D. Littlefield’s Birds of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Oregon, p. 138, lists a sighting of this species from Nov-Dec 1988.

Paul Sullivan

----------------------------

Subject: Re: Malheur update
Date: Tue May 21 2019 16:52 pm
From: acontrer56 AT gmail.com

I have never seen one here and neither have Rick Vetter or Joan Suther. My copy of Littlefield is not where I am so I can�t check there.

Alan

-----------------

Date: Tue May 21 2019 16:48 pm
From: philliplc AT charter.net

Nice. I assume there must be a historical record or two,but there is currently a huge completely blank spot onthe GWGU eBird map for all of central-east and southeastOregon from east of the Deschutes and south of McKayCreek NWR.

Phil

------------------

Subject: Malheur update
Date: Tue May 21 2019 15:56 pm
From: acontrer56 AT gmail.com

The Ground Squirrel

GazetteMay 21, 20192 p.m.

I think I left the 19th on yesterday�s GSG in

error.

No sign of catbird so far today. A few more buntings came in. A shrike has been hunting house sparrows in

the open woods near the parking lot. I

forgot to mention yesterday that Corvallis Audubon found a Glaucous-winged Gull

near Lawen. Might be first record for

Harney Co.

Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> <mailto:<acontrer56...> Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS:Malheur NWR36391 Sodhouse Ln

Princeton OR 97721

www.alanlcontreras.com

Join us on Facebook!