Date: 5/21/19 1:56 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 21, 2019

2 p.m.

I think I left the 19th on yesterday’s GSG in error.

No sign of catbird so far today. A few more buntings came in. A shrike has been hunting house sparrows in the open woods near the parking lot. I forgot to mention yesterday that Corvallis Audubon found a Glaucous-winged Gull near Lawen. Might be first record for Harney Co.

After some blowing mist this morning the ceiling has lifted to almost 10,000 feet, with some exceptions for small cells nastifying their way across the sage.

Forecast for the weekend is partly sunny, temps peaking in 60s and a modest irruption of skeeters.

I may walk around HQ again this evening if the weather is ok. Tomorrow I plan to be at the south end and Fields.

NOTE: There is no longer any vehicle access to the east-side parking and picnic area. Handicapped parking is all in the main lot.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: