Date: 5/21/19 12:52 pm
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Black Swifts, Lane Co.
Like magic a group of 15+ BLACK SWIFTS descended from the heavens at
Sutton Beach, Lane Co. this morning around 10:15. They were at very
low altitude mixing with Barn and Violet-green Swallows, offering a
great comparison and superb views of these massive swifts. I have had
my best luck with them on cloudy days like this morning. It forces
them quite low to around 30-40 ft. just above the foredune, so they
are easy to spot. On sunny days I'm too busy looking at the ground
for eggs and plovers so probably just miss them.

Always a treat!

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City, Oregon
<jdanielfarrar...>