Date: 5/21/19 8:37 am
From: Greg Tillman <gregtillman...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bay-breasted warblers, etc, Epping
I’ve been spending some morning time at the Mast Road Natural Area in Epping. Got there at 7am this morning, not a lot of song, maybe because of the wind, but a nice sprinkling of warblers. Several singing BLACK-THROATED BLUES, song was a little confusing at first, but finally tracked one down. They’ve been there for a week or so now, might be on territory. Also:

Canada
Magnolia
Parula
Nashville
Pine
Prairie
Redstart

A little further down Mast Rd, I had two BAY-BREASTED WARBLERS, males, on the Birch Rd trail on the south side of mast rd, and another one on the Scout trail north of mast rd. Seems like this species has picked up some in recent years?

-Greg
Epping