Date: 5/20/19 6:42 pm
From: Eric DeFonso <bay.wren...>
Subject: [cobirds] Blue Grosbeaks galore, SE Co
Perhaps not on the same level as the Western Tanager explosion, but in my
last 3 days here in SE Colorado while doing surveys (and birding in between
them), I've noticed a distinct uptick in Blue Grosbeaks. In fact I can't
remember ever coming across them so frequently virtually everywhere I go. I
often spot them milling about in dirt roads, pecking at the gravel or so it
seems. At any rate, I've had them in Baca County (Picture Canyon, Carrizo
Canyon, dozens on the road to and inside Cottonwood Canyon), Las Animas
(Villegreen Rd), and Prowers (several singing and fighting at Lamar CC).

Good birding!

-------
Eric DeFonso
near Lyons, Boulder County, CO