Date: 5/20/19 5:13 pm
From: 'Fred Shaffer' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Fw: [MDBirding] Mississippi Kite over Crofton
Correction - the time was 7:53 pm.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "'Fred Shaffer' via Maryland & DC Birding" <mdbirding...> To: "Maryland & DC Birding" <mdbirding...> Cc: Sent: Mon, May 20, 2019 at 8:11 PM Subject: [MDBirding] Mississippi Kite over Crofton While sitting on my Crofton patio this evening looking for nighthawks, I had the BEST bird I've seen in my 30 years here. At 6:53 an adult Mississippi Kite glided over my yard. It was just higher than tree top level and I got spectacular unobstructed binocular views as it passed over, than circled around once more for good measure. I got great views of the white head, gray body and wings, long tail and tapered wings. I don't think the kite flapped once, but glided effortlessly behind the tree line. I ran inside for my camera, but the kite did not reappear. Good birding!Fred ShafferCrofton, Anne Arundel

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android