Date: 5/20/19 4:56 pm
From: Ann Donoghue <ardonoghue...>
Subject: [cobirds] Oriole palooza...but what is this one?
I seem to have an oriole festival going on at my house. There are
Bullock's: 2 adult males, 1 sub-adult male, 1 or 2 females....and then
there is an unknown.

It seems quite oriole-like.
It is hanging around with the orioles.
Its beak is not as long and pointy (seems stubbier).
It doesn't have any eye stripe.
It has some orange on its head.
It's more yellow than the female Bullock's.
It's a bit bossy and pushes the other male Bullock's from the feeders...and
then is pushed away.

Any ideas on what I'm seeing?

The attached pictures are my lame attempt at digi-scoping...all I have is
my iPhone, my binocs and my poor photography skills.

Thanks,
Ann Donoghue
Fort Collins (County Rd 3 between Mulberry and Vine)

[image: IMG_0807.JPG]

[image: IMG_0806.JPG]