Date: 5/20/19 4:38 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 19, 2019

Today’s highlight was a Gray Catbird reported by two people from different groups. I didn’t see it from the deck. Small numbers of a wide variety of migrants remain on site. Two Short-eared Owls were displaying north of Marshall Pond this morning. The local GHOs have been snagging ground squirrels during the day to keep their three full-size young happy. Other highlights included Fred Ramsey and Rich Hoyer.

The weather was cold and misty until about mid-day, when the dripple lifted and the wind changed a bit to the north. It warmed up for a couple of hours and then around 4 a cold blob came through, but it hasn’t rained more.

I expect some turnover if the weather stays dry overnight.

A mosquito landed on me this afternoon, which serves as a reminder. My guess is that there will be plenty this weekend.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: