Date: 5/20/19 8:17 am
From: Linda Andes-Georges <andesgeorges...>
Subject: [cobirds] tanagers in prairie on 5/20
Hi, y'all:

We've had a tanager or two, 4-5 miles from the foothills, every migration season, but this year, it was our neighbor whose new (European) honeybees were being visited by a new predator: a half dozen Western Tanagers gobbling bees like popcorn. Hard to know how to react in this situation. I believe astonished observation was our neighbor's choice. The birds did not notice (whew) our very healthy hives only a block away.

Linda

Linda Andes-Georges
Boulder County (W of Lagerman, N of Haystack, E of Table Mtn)
[Jean-Pierre says: W of Paris, S of Quebec, E of Tahiti]
8417 Stirrup Ln
Longmont CO 80503
Tel. 720 668 5214