Date: 5/18/19 7:23 pm
From: Nicholas Komar <quetzal65...>
Subject: [cobirds] Vaux’s Swift, Fort Collins
At about 7:35 pm this evening I saw and heard a Vaux’s Swift, foraging in close proximity to a Chimney Swift. Both were vocalizing. Compared to the Chimney Swift, the Vaux’s was smaller, thinner winged, and its call notes were sweeter, thinner and higher pitched. These were part of a larger flock of Swifts and swallows foraging low over the ponds at the west end of Lee Martinez Park just north of downtown Fort Collins (Larimer County). I plan to return tomorrow evening and will report back if I refind it. No video or audio documentation was obtained, but I will be ready for it tomorrow.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO