Date: 5/18/19 2:49 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Bicknell's Thrush?
No opinion, but wondering where the nomenclature "Bicknell's" came
from...certainly the bird didn't suddenly appear out of thin air. Neither
the 1966 Golden guide, nor the Peterson 4th ed. [1980] feature the bird,
tho Peterson's mentions an Olive-backed Thrush which is equated with
Swainson's. Sibley has the bird in 2003...

Jim S