Date: 5/18/19 10:33 am
From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain...>
Subject: [obol] Wrentit - Northern Yamhill County
OBOL folks

Yesterday I followed up on Paul Sullivan's report of recent Yamhill Co. arrivals. While searching for and finding YELLOW-BREASTED CHATS near the intersection of NW Gerrish Valley Road and Mt Richmond road I heard at least one maybe two WRENTIT singing and calling. The location and sound recordings of both are in my eBird checklist https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56405118 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56405118>

The birds were in a cut-over area with regenerating with about 10 yr old conifers with dense underbrush (including dense poison oak). The location seems pretty far north and east of other sightings in eBird, only about 1.5 miles south of the Washington County line.

Later in the afternoon I tied in with Paul to visit a variety of productive Yamhill County spots. My thanks to Paul for sharing generously. Checklists on eBird.

Ken Chamberlain
@ Portland

Join us on Facebook!