Date: 5/16/19 8:45 am
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] North Coast - Local Rarities
Sorry for the late post, but I spent a great day out on the northern coast
on Monday with Eric Kershner. We started at Fort Stevens where the
highlight was a Semipalmated Sandpiper mixed in with a small flock of
Westerns at the point off Area D. First one I've seen in Spring in Oregon.
6 Red Knots were across the small bay to the south, plus a single Brant and
about 50 American White Pelicans. We didn't find too much along the
beaches between Fort Stevens and Seaside.

We found a singing Lazuli Bunting at Cannon Beach WTP. It was singing from
the top of a fir along the edge of the parking lot.

Finally, at Nehalem Sewage Ponds, we had good looks at a Bank Swallow.
Also 3 Blue-winged Teal.

Good birding,

Philip Kline

Join us on Facebook!