Date: 5/16/19 7:03 am
From: Randy Stringer <0000014328ddae02-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Presque Isle State Park, Erie County
Dear Birders,
Cool temps were prevalent all day on Wednesday with consistent S/SW winds.
Activity was non-stop until I left the park at 3:40 PM.
Twenty species of warblers were found of nearly 200 individual birds.
Two Yellow-throated Vireos were seen on Pine Tree Trail and Sidewalk Trail.
A Grasshopper Sparrow was a surprising find just west of Pine Tree Trail.
Empids were low in species but nine Least were seen or heard.
Ducks have left the park except for a few lingering R.B. Mergansers and four Bufflehead.Six loons were in Erie Bay.
Busiest trails were Pine Tree, Thompson Circle, and Fry’s Landing.
Tally of species between 6:30 and 3:30 was 99 species.
On the way home I spotted two Trumpeter Swans at the Geneva Marsh causeway.
R.C. StringerGrove City

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Join us on Facebook!