Date: 5/15/19 7:34 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bay-breasted and more, Ames
Hey I-birders,

I spent a delightful hour at Brookside Park in Ames this morning
(Wednesday) and was rewarded with 15 species of warblers. The stars of the
show were two stunning BAY-BREASTED WARBLERS that leisurely foraged rather
low in a tree, allowing crippling views in full sun. I had to walk away
from them after 10 minutes to get on the other things I was hearing.
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLERS had arrived the night before, and several gave
excellent views. Honorable mentions go to GOLDEN-WINGED, BLUE-WINGED,
MAGNOLIA, and BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS, as well as the lone CANADA
WARBLER that provided nice views as well. I thought I would leave for work
with a mere 13 warblers, but a vocal YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER led me to a
sycamore on the way out, and provided me with a BLACKPOLL WARBLER there as
a bonus. Hope you all had similar luck on this fine spring morning.

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines