Date: 5/15/19 4:50 pm
From: Aaron Bourque via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 20 Warbler Day with the CAS Center at Pomfret
We had an incredible 20 Warbler Day with the Connecticut Audubon Society-
Center at Pomfret, as a group we saw 22 species of warbler within Windham
county! The birds were giving amazing views, with close-ups of Cerulean,
Black-throated Green, Blackburnian, Magnolia, Cape May and Canada Warblers.
Additional highlights include two Nashville Warblers, both Waterthrush
species, and impressive numbers of birds overall. We totaled 300+
individual birds of over 60 species (including 100+ individual warblers),
with very high numbers of Northern Parula, Black-and-white, and American
Redstart. This was an extremely productive day, and a very
memorable experience for all of us. Let's hope we have even more impressive
results on the 90 Bird Day this Sunday!

Aaron Bourque, Putnam

Warblers seen:
Ovenbird