Date: 5/15/19 1:23 pm
Subject: Female Cape May vs Female Blackpoll
I was lucky enough to spend a few days at Magee Marsh this week & saw lots of Cape May warblers. Someone pointed out a warbler with a yellow rump, a lot of streaking on the breast, yellow collar & yellow on the breast, streaking on the back (I think) as a female Cape May. However, my Warbler app AND the Warblers Book (Stephenson & ...) show the female Cape May as very plain on the head, except for 1 picture (in the book) of a fall Warbler (that looked as described above, with the yellow collar, etc) None of the photos show the rump. Does anyone know if a female Cape May has a yellow rump? What about a female Blackpoll? Can that be used as a distinguishing feature?

Sheryl

Join us on Facebook!