Date: 5/15/19 11:57 am
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: [pen-bird] SF2
Eric Goodill and I visited SF2 this morning. Conditions were cool and overcast with occasional drizzle. We observed a minimum of 21 ELEGANT TERNS on Island 21, which were best viewed from the southern edge of the pond shortly before the second platform. We also saw at least 150 CASPIAN TERNS and large numbers of FORSTER’S TERNS. Only one BLACK OYSTERCATCHER was in evidence during our short visit.

The BLACK-NECKED STILTS in the marsh near the large water pipe that stretches across the bay had several fledglings with them…. ADORABLE!!

A single female Scaup eluded identification, showing head shape much like a Greater, but a bill tending more toward Lesser. We did not get photos of the bird.

Matthew Dodder
Mountain View