Date: 5/15/19 8:51 am
From: Childs, Jackson <jchilds...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Mt. Auburn, 5/15/19
Glorious morning at Mt. Auburn, perfect conditions, abundant migrants in the sunlight, generally quite tame. I'd be interested to see detailed lists. I'm not so good at counting birds, but there were singing Parulas in seemingly every tree, I would guess 100+ for the cemetery? It's so interesting how the composition changes from day to day. Ovenbirds were especially common, many Black-throated Blue and Magnolia, Canada, Chestnut-sided and Tennessee warblers in numbers, still several Prairie and Nashville warblers. Usual other species. Heard only one Blackpoll, no Bay-breasted or Cape May, although the latter was reported.

Jackson Childs
<jchilds...><mailto:<jchilds...>
Arlington, MA

Join us on Facebook!