Date: 5/15/19 7:15 am
From: Carr, David E \(dec5z\) via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Least Bittern at Blandy Experimental Farm (Clarke County)
I heard a Least Bittern at Blandy Experimental Farm (Clarke County) at about 9 this morning. It was calling from the yellow iris near the road at Lake Arnold. I was never able to see the bird, but I made a few audio recordings.

Also in Clarke County: Dunlin (3), Greater Yellowlegs (2), Lesser Yellowlegs (18), Solitary Sandpipers (about 20), Least Sandpipers (5), Spotted Sandpiper, and Killdeer along Nations Spring Road (off Gun Barrel Road, which heads north from US 340 just east of Dinosaur Land, if you know your area landmarks).

David E. Carr
Director, Blandy Experimental Farm
Research Professor, Environmental Sciences
University of Virginia