Date: 5/15/19 7:02 am
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CAZ: Hassayampa HOODED WARBLER (5/15)
The male HOODED WARBLER that I found yesterday (5/14/19) afternoon continues this morning (5/15) as of 6:30am at the Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg (Maricopa Co.). It’s singing in the same spot as described below.

Yesterday as I was heading out the back of the Visitor Center while at work around 4pm, I heard an eastern type warbler singing and got a recording. As Chrissy Kondrat-Smith was heading over to discuss interagency things, I texted her and we both looked around for a while before it finally popped up in the dense vegetation by the spring on the north end of Palm Lake Trail. It was not responding to playback much at all and was very skulky. The Preserve is open Wednesday-Sunday from 7:00am-4:00pm, trails closing at 3:30pm (closed Monday-Tuesday). For more information on the Preserve, please visit our website at this link: https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/hassayampa-river-preserve/

Sent from my iPhone