Date: 5/15/19 7:04 am
From: Mary Garrard <springazure1...>
Subject: [obol] major passerine flights
Hi all, I get OBOL as a digest so I just saw reports of major passerine
flights in the mid-valley and elsewhere. Very exciting and a privilege to
witness. The kind of thing birders dream of.

I have done some sleuthing on eBird FAQ and help links, but haven't been
able to figure out how to get notifications for these kinds of things. I
have my account set for Benton County rare bird alerts, but of course that
only applies to rare birds or common birds out of season, etc, not these
kinds of exciting phenomena. The occurrence of a major passerine flight at
Finley wasn't reported to the mid-valley list-serve nor to OBOL, so I only
know about it through Phil Pickering's report.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to query eBird or be alerted for these
kinds of occurrences if they don't get reported on a listserv?

Thanks, and happy birding!

Mary🦅🦉🐦

Join us on Facebook!