Date: 5/15/19 5:25 am
From: Kate StJohn <0000000f59b962a9-dmarc-request...>
Subject: No nighthawks yet in my Pittsburgh neighborhood
Here's something that eBird can't report on except by omission...
So far I have seen/heard no common nighthawks in my City of Pittsburgh neighborhood.  In the old days, before the Great Extinction, I'd hear & see my first nighthawks by May 5 and have at least 20 passing through by May 10-15.  This year, zero so far.
On the other side of Schenley Park near the Squirrel Hill business district, a friend heard one nighthawk on May 2.

Other than that my Spark Bird seems to be on its way to extinction, locally or globally.

Kate St. John, Pittsburgh
Visit my bird/nature blog at birdsOutsideMyWindow.org

Join us on Facebook!