Date: 5/14/19 7:23 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Colo Bog (Story Co.) shorebirds
Bruce Erhresman and I were returning from a meeting in Tama County this
afternoon, and we stopped at Colo Bog. We were actually a bit surprised to
find a mixed species flock of at least 200 shorebirds at the edge of a
small pond on the south side of Co. Hwy E41. There also were about 5 *Black
Terns* circling over the marsh.

Shorebirds seen were:
*Lesser Yellowlegs*
*Dunlins*
*Least Sandpipers*
*Semi-palmated Sandpipers*
*Pectoral Sandpipers*
*White-rumped Sandpipers*
*Spotted Sandpipers*
*Sanderings*
Because the flock was moving around rapidly, we might have missed one or
two more species.

Earlier in the day, while birding in rain at Otter Creek Lake County Park,
NE of Tama, we found a mixed warbler flock of 6 species, all seen in about
30 minutes before our noon meeting began.

Doug Harr
Ogden