Date: 5/14/19 4:00 pm
From: Matthew Felperin <mattyfelp...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Delaware birding trip through PG parks 5/20/19
Hi all,

As a naturalist with Prince George’s county parks, I am gauging interest in a possible last minute birding trip this Monday coinciding with the horseshoe crab breeding cycle. I’m sure all of you know how incredible this natural phenomenon is, highlighted by red knots and other long distance migrants. I would be taking us in a park bus from Patuxent river park (upper Marlboro) and/or a meeting point in Bowie off of rt. 50. Transportation and any entrance fees would be provided, at a cost of roughly $25 per person. We would ideally be heading out around 7/7:30 am and heading back before or just after sunset. I offer my interpretation, but I imagine it to be more of a collaborative effort for spotting and ID. If folks want to do eBird counts, that’s great too! We have spots for about 13 people. If you are interested, please send me a message separate from the message thread. Do hurry!

Matthew J. Felperin