Date: 5/14/19 3:35 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 14, 2019

Weather was a slight factor this morning but birding was good early on. A chat has dropped in, as has another BT Gray. Numbers of Warbling Vireos are very high and there are plenty of Cassin’s, Townsend’s Warbs etc. At least two silent ‘Western’ Flycatchers are here.

In the Burns area Greenhouse Rd. is a bit better than Hotchkiss right now, especially for phalaropes. Greenhouse also has much less traffic.

Strong southwest winds have set in and we look for a week of unsettled weather, generally much cooler with spots of dampness and occasional light t-storm action. One effect of all this is to generate a false negative for mosquito numbers: when we get back to calm and warm the party (for us) will definitely be over.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: