Date: 5/14/19 12:37 pm
From: <jmjhrtgh...> <jmjhrtgh...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Male, Bay-breasted Warbler
Another cold, overcast day, but not quite so windy. What is it with this year? Went to fill the feeders at Lake Hendrick’s Park, Riceville in Howard Co. Thought I might as well check out the woods for warblers. Had 13 species again with a Blackburnian , Canada, Blue-winged, Chestnut-sided, and Northern Parula giving really good looks.

Only the 2nd time in 50 years for the male, Bay-breasted. The other time it was in our farm grove. Really couldn’t believe I was seeing it and so well.

Back of the Butterfy Garden there was a Veery and along the road to the dock a Grey-cheeked Thrush. Scads of Yellow-rumped and several Palm warblers still. A few White-throated Sparrows and a White-crowned showed up.

Had 5 male Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at one time on or near the feeders.

It was perfection. This is just going to ruin it for future birding.

Hope you are having great looks,

Mary Jo Hartogh
Mitchell County