Date: 5/14/19 2:00 am
From: Dave DeReamus <becard...>
Subject: Re: PAMC Report - Crawford, Erie, Lawrence, Butler, Allegheny & Washington Counties
Ryan and all,

Unfortunately, the experience of reading many great posts on PABIRDS appears
to be waning, which is a shame in my opinion. This used to be THE place to
go for up-to-the-minute information on most things happening in Pennsylvania
birding. Now with the innovation of social media, information has been
splintered into many different Facebook and Yahoo groups and innumerable
individual eBird reports, making it practically impossible to monitor
everything. Detailed storytelling has been replaced by a few lines or by
filling in the blanks. I guess one of the reasons for the move to the
various sites might be that everyone is short on time and is looking for the
quickest and easiest way to record their information. At least eBird
produces beneficial data in the process AS LONG AS the information recorded
by the "citizen scientists" is correct and legit, but that's a whole
different story for another day.

I realize things change and hopefully for the better (remember "My Space"?),
but I think, in this case, it's a sad change. I hear that older people
don't like change, so that might be part of my displeasure. Anyway, thanks
for taking the time to write about your day.

Good birding,
Dave DeReamus
Palmer Township, PA
becard -at- rcn.com