Date: 5/13/19 9:26 pm
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] King Rail polite reminder
First of all hats off to Russ Smiley for finding such a beautiful bird! Since this King Rail is now public knowledge I just want to send out a friendly reminder and plea that since this is a state listed endangered species please do not use any audio playback in attempting to see this bird. For any state or federal listed endangered species audio playback and other forms of harassment are not only unethical but illegal. If you happen to see anyone do this please politely tell them to stop and explain that this is a state-listed species.

I hope many get to enjoy this bird's presence since it seems to be obliging. Lets make sure this bird continues to feel welcome and comfortable. Great job once again Russ!

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich

Sent from my iPhone