Date: 5/13/19 5:31 pm
From: jrhough1--- via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] King Rail
Just a note to thank Russ Smiley for finding this bird and getting the word out...thank you!Incredulous to some, this was a long-awaited lifer for me and it afforded amazing looks. King Rail, like most rails are especially tough to view in CT and seeing one at close range is to be savored. I urge anyone that has an interest to make the effort to see this bird. Together with Nick Bonomo's excellent detection of the harder-to-see Yellow Rail it has been a good week for stealth migrants.What a great week it has been for birding in CT.Thanks to all for sharing news.Good birding,Julian HoughNew Haven Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone