Date: 5/12/19 4:42 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Ankeny under bright sun
On my way north yesterday I took time for a quick mid-afternoon visit to
Ankeny NWR. The pool across the road to the west of Eagle Marsh had
multiple species of the heron family and I got good looks at all four: Grt.
Blue Heron, Great Egret, Green Heron, American Bittern. Some lingering
Cacklers, a flock of Long-billed Dowitchers and a singing chat were also
appreciated.
https://atowhee.blog/2019/05/12/ankeny-may-11-2019/
--
Harry Fuller
author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*

Join us on Facebook!