Date: 5/12/19 4:32 pm
From: Tyler Grant <tgrant77...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Ruddy Turnstones - Legacy Wildlife Area, Hardin Co.
This afternoon at ~4 pm there were 2 Ruddy Turnstones at Legacy Wildilfe
Area. From the east side (where the observation platform is) they were at
the tip of the north spit that extends into the middle of wetland and
almost meets the spit coming north from the south.

Yesterday I walked the south side of the wetland and found the two
previously reported American Avocets, along with 2 Stilt Sandpipers, 3
Dunlin, and other shorbs.

If you haven't been to the wetland before, there aren't really any
established trails (yet?) so you have to wade through a lot of grass to get
to the observation platform. It's also a very large wetland, it looks like
it would be 3+ miles to walk around the entire thing. But not all parts of
the wetland are visible unless you walk around it. I walked along the
south side yesterday, and north side today.

Tyler Grant
Ames